Saturday 23 January 2010

I'm getting married!!!!!!!!!1111!

I apologise to readers for not mentioning my engagement earlier, as I was engaged in November, I actually thought I had, although Penny did mention it in a reply to one of my posts! Jay proposed after he went shopping while I'd been at work, and said he'd bought me an early xmas present, then gave me this box......Which had this card inside...
He had looked at rings, but wasn't sure what style I'd like, so he wanted to take me shopping to pick my own. So I chose this ring, which is tanzanite(Jay's birthstone) with diamonds on white gold...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :D !!!

We haven't set a date yet, although we would like to get married ASAP, and are currently looking into the details(venues, dresses, honeymoon destinations...). It's going to be a small and intimate wedding, close family only, in a registry office because we're both atheists, and we're going to go for a meal after it(vegan of course!).

I've been looking at dresses, and so many wedding dresses have silk in them, but I have seen a few I've liked that don't and are vegan-friendly. This 100% polyester number from Debut @ Debenhams is my current frontrunner , although they didn't have a size 12 in stock. I tried a size 10 on, which I liked although it was a little too small, so I'm really hoping the 12 fits and I'm not, as I often irritatingly find to be the case, a perfect size 11!

A close runner up, which was a perfect fit and also my mum's favourite out of everything I'd tried on, was this dress here, also Debenhams Debut. I'd highly recommend a look in Debenhams Debut to vegan brides to be as they have a lot of non-silk vegan-friendly fabrics in their collection.

BHS is also worth a look as they have lots of animal friendly fabrics too, although nothing I tried on was a good fit on me- but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the case for everyone, as I should mention that I wear an unusual bra size anyway. I did see lovely shoes there though!

Back with more wedding gossip soon!

Yours excitedly,
Kris xxx

6 comments:

Anardana said...

Yay! Congrats! I just had a fairly small wedding myself, and I'm an atheist too :)

Penny said...

Both of those dresses are lovely, Kris, though I agree with your first choice. You would look gorgeous in it!

Anonymous said...

oh wow congradulations! That's so lovley! and soo sweet, how lucky! :) I hope everything goes well and you have a lovley day, whenever it is.
-Laura xx

two vegan boys said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

DJ said...

Congratulations! Nothing beats a wedding, for both fun and stress!! I like the second dress better but until you try them on you never can tell! Btw, I nominated you for a blog award. DJ xo

Penny said...

Me, again, Kris! :o) I just wanted to let you know I’ve nominated you for an Honest Scrap award! :o)