Sunday 30 December 2007

Redwoods' vegan "roast beef" review


Served up in the pic with baby potatoes roasted in olive oil, and rosemary, carrots and broccoli, and gravy (Bisto original is vegan, but do check packs of gravy mixes before buying 'cos not all are). This was pretty damn tasty, and very rich and filling. Does it taste like the real dead animal though? Not sure myself since it's been so long since I've touched meat- but who cares- it tasted good! It's pricey at £4, but no more pricey, in fact less so, than the dead animal version! It gets 5/5 =]

4 comments:

GinaCL said...

Hi! I don't see your recipe here... I'm new to this blog, and was wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm looking for a "beef" roast to serve for Christmas dinner. In the past, my family has served prime rib, and I'd like to serve a vegan version ... Thanks so much!

Gina

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Hi Gina, there isn't a recipe because it's just a review for a ready made product. Here's a link to Redwoods' site-http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/products/cheatin/index.html

GinaCL said...

Thanks! I appreciate the help.