Sunday 7 December 2008

100th post, so here's some cake to celebrate!

Blogger is being weird and not letting me write directly under my first picture, so I'll just have to write here!

Since it's Jay's birthday in a few days, he wanted some cake to celebrate. (I think I may have mentioned this before, but he's type 1 diabetic so isn't normally allowed sugar, although his doctors have said to him that it's okay to take a little extra insulin and have a sweet treat on special occasions like birthdays and xmas etc). So I made the chocolate wacky cake with nut butter icing from How it all Vegan by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard. This may not be the fanciest cake in the world, but it was delicious, especially to a peanut butter lover like Jay!

The second picture is of Grassingtons' Beef-style peppered steaks from their new vegan Gardein range, which I'm gradually working my way through and taste testing, as you can probably tell from my last post! They were delicious and get full marks for taste, but sadly lose they some points for being very expensive at £1-99 and quite small, and don't make a very filling meal for all that money. 3/5

3 comments:

DJ said...

Happy 100th post! That cake looks yummy - chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven!! And happy birthday Jay!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post. Your blog is awesome. I wish we lived in Scotland so we could come to the potlucks. We were married in Scotland and love your country. It is beautiful and everyone is so nice.

Kris said...

Thank you guys :)