Saturday 14 March 2009

Poppy seed muffins and... Xmas dinner...?

This is a very tasty lemon poppyseed muffin from Vegan with a Vengeance. I had wanted to try out this recipe for ages but for some strange reason had found it extremely difficult to track down any poppy seeds to buy anywhere, so when I was in Marks and Spencer with my mum a few days ago and finally spotted a bag of poppy seeds for sale, I knew what I was going to do with them!
Redwoods' celebration roasts aren't just for xmas! I never did post a photo of the one we had for our xmas dinner in my xmas post, but here's a belated one now, seeing as how I picked up a bargain-tastic reduced to clear roast for just £2.19 (they're normally a pricey £5.19) in Holland and Barret yesterday.

I served the roast, which contains vegan "turkey" slices, and "sausages" wrapped in "bacon" alongside sage and onion stuffing balls (from a Morrisons' value range box of stuffing mix that you just add water to), baby new potatoes and brussels' sprouts. Tasty even in the middle of March!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That roast dinner looks very tasty, Kris. We bought a plain 'turkey' roast yesterdy, so, seeing your pic, I think that's probably what we'll have tonight! The muffins look good, too...

Penny

DJ said...

Love the muffins, Kris! I love anything lemon-poppyseed and I'm sure they were lovely and moist!