Saturday 20 June 2009

Potluck pics...

The potluck was a sucess with lots of good company and tasty vegan food! On the spread on the table are Jane's peanut butter cookies, Penny's lentil and sunflower bake, Norma's Upside-down pear cake, Sooz's brownies and sausage rolls, as well my things I posted in yesterday's entry.

Not shown in the pic (as they were still heating up while I took it- d'oh!) but also worth a mention (and a thank you for bringing as they were yummy!!), were Norma's chilli and tortillas, and Sylvia's corn chowder and baguettes.
Sylvia with JohnnyNorma and Sylvia
Sooz, Penny, Jane and John

Luckily there aren't any scary pics of me!! :)
Thanks again for coming guys!

This isn't a pic from the potluck, it's Ryvita with new Pure "cream cheese" spread and strawberry jam- very tasty indeed! I love the new Pure spread myself and would score it 4/5, although I've read mixed reviews for it. It is rather sweet and I'm not sure whether it'd work quite so well as a savoury, but if you're using it in a sweet dish like I did then it's delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That food looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris (it's Laura, you probally don't remember me but I still look at your blog from time to time!) I really wasnt very impressed with the pure spread, i thought it had an odd after-taste and was genereally a bit bland - though i guess that's the point. I mixed it with pasta, spring onions and some vegetables and that was ok. Anyway pot luck looks great fun, hope all is well, take care x