Tuesday 27 May 2008

Teetotal Italian Tofu

This is an adapted version of the Italian Marinated Tofu from Vegan With A Vengeance. It's teetotal, because instead of using the white wine in the recipe, I've just used vegetable stock instead. Not that I'm teetotal or anything, I'm just not a wine drinker(vodka ftw!) so never have any in the house! It's served here alongside a leafy green mixed leaf salad, some baby potato salad(in vegan mayo, with spring onions and some dill) and a mixed bean salad(tinned stuff from Morrisons).

These are cinnamon rolls. I adapted the pastry recipe from Veganomicon's Maple and Brown Sugar pinwheels, by omitting the orange zest and replacing the cardamom with cinnamon. For the filling I used 4 tbsp margarine, 4 tbsp brown sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon, and the icing is just ordinary icing sugar and water. Very more-ish... so not very great for the old waistline! >.<

No comments: