Saturday 6 October 2007

Healthy dinner, and not-quite-so-healthy cookies!

First up is a fairly healthy dinner, breaded baked tofu from the wholefoods diabetic cookbook, which I've adapted by adding olive oil to the tamari, and more nutritional yeast and garlic powder, less wholewheat flour, and a bit of sea salt and black pepper to make it considerably tastier ;) (if a tad less healthy...)

I've served it with baked potato wedges in olive oil, rosemary and thyme, and some (frozen, cheap and a great standby ;)) brussels sprouts, peas and sweetcorn.
Next up, crunchy peanut butter and oatmeal cookies from Vegan with a vengeance.... now I was slightly wary of how these'd turn out after the disaster that was the crispy peanut butter cookies on the next page, which crumble to the touch(yet taste good, I still ate the crumbs! :P) but apparently these were a disaster for everyone I know whose tried that recipe... anyhoo, I digress, lightning didn't strike twice and this peanut butter cookie recipe was a success :)

No comments: