Saturday 5 January 2008

CAKE!!

These little cupcakes are a wacky cake mixture(I used the recipe from Easy Vegan Cooking by Leah Leneman) with a thick chocolate fudge icing(I used the recipe from The Cake Scoffer booklet by Ronny from Animal Aid, but used a little more cocoa and icing sugar till it was nice and thick and fudgy) and a few flaked almond pieces to garnish.

While my poor boyf Jay is a type 1 diabetic and cannot normally indulge in cake, his dieticians say it is okay to take a very occasional(like annual, for a birthday or xmas or something) "day off", by injecting extra insulin to cover the extra sugar intake. So he had a few of the cupcakes plus he fancied a sponge pudding too.

Now, I've never veganised sponge pudding before, but it was really incredibly easy! I used the Microwaveable Sponge Pudding recipe from the Cake Scoffer again. The result is pictured below. It was okay, but really sweet, so I couldn't eat a lot of it.

No comments: