Sunday 13 January 2008

More vegan nom nom nom goodies! And oatly cream review...

I made the quinoa-chickpea pilaf from Veganomicon, which is super-easy, healthy and really nice- Jay loved it and said it was the best thing he'd eaten in ages I'll definitely be making this again! The other dish in the bowl behind the pilaf is stir-fried braised tofu(from a tin) marinaded in soy sauce and garlic.


I also made the jelly donut cupcakes from the same book, which are really tasty but as you can see from the pic, the jam kind of exploded outta some of 'em! Oh, and it makes waaay too much batter for 12 cupcakes... not that I'm complaining at having to spoon the extra batter outta the bowl to eat before I wash it or anything! (In fact, that is something of a bonus :P)
Here's another yummy dessert, strawberries with oatly cream, which as you may have guessed from the name, is made from oats! This stuff's pretty tasty and gets 4/5 points.

No comments: