Saturday 5 January 2008

Vegan nom nom nom!

I got vegan nom nom, sorry, Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero for xmas from my lovely boyf, and have only just got round to road testing some of the recipes. I'll give the book a proper review once I've tried a few more out.

Above is some Chickpea Noodle Soup, which was quite nice. I never had any shrooms and Jay ain't too keen on them anyway, so I just left them out and used a little more carrot and onion. She said to adjust the miso (1/3 cup) to taste and use more if you like a stronger taste(!) but I only used 1/4 cup and found it pretty strong at that! It's pretty easy and I'd make it again. Yes, I should probably have wiped the bowl before taking the pic, but I was hungry and distracted!

Below are Terry's favourite almond cookies. Now, I love almond, I love cookies, and... I think I might love Terry for coming up with these! I'll definitely be making these again. I never had any sesame oil so I just left it out, and I never had any brown rice syrup so I just used maple, but they turned out beautifully anyway! As you can see from the pic, they really spread quite a lot when cooked.

No comments: