Friday 28 September 2007

So, I had this massive head of brocolli...

... and it has appeared in most of my food this week! Nice simple, easy, and tasty dinner of stir fried brown rice, tofu, brocolli (all vegan cliches?), flavoured with some soy sauce and crushed garlic.

I usually marinade the tofu myself, but since there wasn't any plain stuff in stock when I went shopping, I used Cauldron's garlic and ginger ready-marinaded stuff instead. It's pricey, but gorgeous! And makes stir fries superly-easy 4/5 for the review
Next up is basic pasta from Alternative Vegan by Dino Sarma, using wholewheat spaghetti, with brocolli added. This is a super-easy and cheap dish to make, so I make it for my lunch frequently.

More Dino Sarma inspiration going on here- after listening to his segment on the latest Vegan Freaks' podcast, I tried cooking with whole cloves of garlic for the first time with my roast baby potatoes. They've also been drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with a pinch of rosemary and thyme. This was a triumph and I'll be doing it again sometime in the near future! I also ate all of the cooked cloves of garlic..mmmm!!

This is served alongside goodlife butternut squash roasts in tomato sauce, they were ok, edible , a bit on the bland side though and rather pricey, so they're only being awarded a mediocre 3/5. And of course, the obligatory brocolli for this post's theme!

No comments: