Sunday 11 November 2007

Party food!

So, I went to the joint bithday party of Weeg and Lelly of Lelly's Vegan Kitchen this weekend, and since they were having a potluck, I brought some party food in the form of mini sundried tomato and onion tofu quiches, and rainbow cookies.

The quiches are a miniature variation of the recipe for larger quiches I posted earlier. I used an upside down cup to cut out the mini flans from the rolled pastry, it makes about 18.

Crust
120g wholemeal flour
50g margarine
pinch of salt
cold water

-rub margarine into flour with your fingers
-add salt, and a little water at a time, gradually adding till it forms a dough
-roll out dough, and cut into use an upside down cup or pastry cutter to cut out the mini flans from the rolled pastry, it makes about 18.
-you can either grease the baking tray or put them in cupcake papers- as I did- to make them easier to transport.
-Bake for 6-8 mins at 220 C then set aside to cool.


Filling

1 onion
8 sundried tomatoes, presoaked and sliced into bitesize pieces. (Use kitchen scissors, it's the quickest and easiest way to chop up sundried tomatoes! ;))
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
200g tofu
4tbsp unsweetened soya milk
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp chives
pinch of basil and oregano
3tbsp nutrional yeast (optional)

-put tofu in blender with soya milk, soy sauce herbs, and nutritional yeast if using and whizz
-fry onion and garlic in olive oil and garlic for 5 mins
-add onion, garlic and sundried tomatoes to blended tofu mixture, mix in, then spoon into mini flans
-bake in 220C oven for 8-10 mins
~may be served hot or cold~


I also made rainbow cookies, similar to those seen here. Mine are inspired by the VWAV choc chip cookie recipe, but with a few changes.

1 comment:

half pint pixie said...

I know I'm commenting on a post from the distant past, but these look soooo good, methinks I will try them this weekend, I haven't had quiche since forever ago. I'll let you knwo how they go :)